“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.”
Gabriel Project HOTLINE Number 1-800-413-6486
What is the Gabriel Project? The Gabriel Project is …
Pastoral –The parish community provides assistance to women in difficult or unanticipated pregnancies in a loving, unconditional, nonjudgmental manner.
Evangelical – Gabriel Project volunteers announce the good news of Jesus Christ through the care they offer to those in need of assistance, and witness to the whole community the infinite and healing love of God.
Educational – The parish community proclaims the truth of the dignity of each human person made in the image and likeness of God by its commitment to those in need.
The parish community responds in a loving, unconditional and nonjudgmental manner to help serve the needs of these women. This love is witness to the community of the infinite and healing love of God.
An "Angel", or trained volunteer, is assigned to the mother when she first calls in for help. The assigned Angel is responsible for keeping ongoing contact with the soon-to-be mother to provide the loving, caring, spiritual, material and emotional support she needs throughout her pregnancy.
Parish Gabriel Angel (for women)
- Mentors and gives the love of Christ to the pregnant mothers in need of spiritual, emotional, and material support through regular face to face meetings.
- Promptly establishes initial contact with assigned Gabriel Mom
- Prays for Gabriel Mom and encourage her at every stage of her journey.
- Keeps the Parish Coordinator informed about the well being of Mom and child.
- Asks the local and parish communities for specific items or services on behalf of Mom.
- Attends Parish Gabriel Project meetings and functions
- Parish Gabriel Project Angels must attend a Gabriel Project Training and be SET certified.
Parish Michael Angel (for men)
- Be a positive role model to Gabriel Moms
- Mentors fathers to be as requested
Activities can include assembly of baby times, automotive and household repairs, etc.
- Must be a accompanied by a Gabriel Angel when providing assistance to a Gabriel Mom
- Parish Michael Angels must attend a Gabriel Project Training and be SET certified.
Other Opportunities for Gabriel Project Volunteers
- Collect monetary, maternity and baby items donated by parishioners
- Inventory the donations
- Organize a resource book for the Angels of your parish.
- Prepare bulletin announcements
- Offer money management instruction/income tax preparation
- Prayer Angel
- Hotline Angel
- Organize the Gabriel Project storage shed
- Deliver items to Mothers
- Organize diaper drives
- And much more!
Requirements: Must have a desire to provide help, love, and care to pregnant women in need.
Time Commitment: One hour per month; additional time committments may occur, as-needed.
Ministry Contact: Mary LaGioia